Many successful companies begin as hobbies or recreational pursuits. Sports lovers, in particular, can discover ample ways to turn their passions into lucrative business ventures.
Listed below are some of our favourite and most practical sports-related small-business suggestions to think about:
1. Sports apparel: Odds are, your neighbourhood is filled with sports clubs, from pre-professional leagues, schools, and children’s sports clubs. Each one these teams want uniforms, along with the participants’ friends and family will probably wish to buy fan gear and personalised items to demonstrate their support. So why not set up a business who supplies custom basketball uniforms to local teams as well as a basketball jersey design service to help teams stand out and be unique. You could specialise in any sport, such as swimming suits, gymnastics leotards, and tracksuits or even soccer uniforms.
2. Team sports photography and memorabilia: today anyone can take a decent photo on their phone, but there is nothing like a quality team photograph before a big game, a great action shot to keep for years to come. Build a company based around team photography, especially if you already have some experience in the photography field.
3. Golf gear cleaning and repairs: Golf is a costly hobby, and lots of gamers are prepared to spend huge dollars to obtain a competitive advantage. If your home is close to a golf course or in a golf community, think about beginning a gear cleaning and maintenance company. Rich golf enthusiasts are not going to clean their own clubs and will be looking for a professional with great attention to detail to do it for them.
4. Fitness boot camp: Extreme sports are a fast-paced market. Fitness boot camps and intense programs are always in demand from those looking for a fast fitness fix. You could hold camps outdoors or partner with local gyms. Find a niche in the industry such as fat blasting boot camp or fitness camps for recent mothers looking to slim down.
5. Boxing gym: Together with intense sports, combat sports like mixed martial arts and kickboxing have exploded in popularity because the Ultimate Fighting Championship has gained recognition. Open a boxing gym to capitalise on this tendency. You can offer a range of martial arts style depending on your expertise and connections, there is high demand for wrestling training due to its intensity and effectiveness as well as an increase in youth pro wrestling for young enthusiasts.
6. Walking tours: Blend scenery and fitness. If you reside in a tourist destination relegated to walking, look at offering excursions on foot. Supplying active travellers having an experience that suits their lifestyle can be valuable. For more adventurous and rugged customers, you may think about overnight trekking tours, also.
7. Indoor parks and playgrounds: Parents are always looking for entertainment options for kids, especially on the holidays and weekends. This is where indoor playgrounds and facilities come in. Trampoline parks are popular as well as indoor mazes and play equipment. You can combine you indoor playground with a small cafe or food outlet as parents are hanging out for hours and children will surely be hungry after all the running and playing.
8. Canoeing teacher: or any sports instructor for this matter. In case you’ve got a talent and enthusiasm for some game, then introducing it to novices could be rewarding in a variety of ways. Becoming an instructor for beginners and children is an easy way to turn your hobbies and expertise into a business. Start recruiting clients at schools and other community clubs as well as advertising at local parks and playgrounds.
9. Fantasy sports: Who is on your dream team? The dream sports trend has exploded in size, and organisations are finding success serving this particular demographic. There are now businesses that provide insurance for players as well as other services such as technical analysis and professional tips. As this area continues to expand there may be other opportunities for business.
10. Driving range: Whether you purchase a current place or begin from scratch, a driving range can help keep you near a game you love and supply income for substantially less than the expense of a golf program. Keep it fundamental and basic, or include meals, arcade games, and activities for children, based on your budget and interests.
11. Paintball/laser tag: Both these sports have loyal followers and prove to be popular as recreational activities and birthday parties. If you have a passion for fun and innovation then these sports are for you. Paintball can be exhilarating and fun for people of all ages and will always be popular. Laser tag has seen several technological innovations in recent years including 3D imaging and high-tech lasers. Plus you can make additional revenue by having a bar or casual dining at your venue.